Navigators are available near you - and will not charge you for any assistance provided
Wondering how your local healthcare navigator can assist you? Scroll down or click the button to learn how.
We’re here to help you get affordable health insurance!
We provide you with free, unbiased, confidential help in navigating your way through the HealthCare.gov federal marketplace. Would you like assistance with getting Affordable Care Act Health Insurance and the subsidies that make it affordable? Your NC Certified Navigator can do that and much more. Here’s just a few of the ways we stand up for you and your rights under the Affordable Care Act.
- listening carefully to your needs and helping you find options that meet your priorities
- checking to see if you are eligible for financial assistance with healthcare insurance
- getting you an exemption to the tax penalty if you’re not eligible (and sharing local resources for healthcare assistance)
- providing a comparison of the cost and benefits of purchasing insurance versus paying a penalty to the IRS (individualized for you!)
- explaining insurance terms so that you clearly understand your choices
- reviewing the insurance plans available to you (from all providers – we make no commissions so our sole focus is your best interests)
- comparing possibilities and explaining differences so that you can make an informed decision on which plan is best for you and your needs
- staying by your side, step-by-step, to complete the application for health coverage
- giving you pointers on how your new healthcare insurance works and how to take advantage of free preventative services
- standing up for you and your rights – and referring you to professional advocates (again, no charge) if unusual problems occur
- being available all year long – because things change and our help continues
Meet with your local Western North Carolina expert in the Federal Marketplace healthcare insurance options – Make an Appointment today!
Buncombe, Henderson and Transylvania counties in Western North Carolina
Staff Navigator: Susan Wilson
Burke, McDowell, Polk and Rutherford counties in Western North Carolina
Staff Navigator: Lisa McAlpine